MyTelemedicine, Inc., as well as our vendors, partners, consultants, and affiliates respect the privacy of its members and users of web site. Our policy regarding privacy information that is collected and how that data is used is outlined below.
MyTelemedicine has developed all the system technologies, including the interfaces to the technology systems provided by third party providers. MyTelemedicine, Inc. manages the data security for this site. All data is stored in encrypted format that meets standards defined by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). All data transfer is executed using similar standards that meet or exceed HIPAA, and no data is transferred to users that do not have specific data access keys.
The importance of security for all personal information associated with you, your family, and that which you share with your primary care physician (PCP), is of extreme concern to us. At MyTelemedicine, we put into practice state of the art care in providing secure transmission of your information from your personal computer to our servers. Personal information collected by our web site is stored in secure operations environments that are not available to the public; and firewalled. Only those employees who require access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access, and each have signed a confidentiality agreement that is on-file. Any employee who violates our privacy or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, up to, and including, termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Any information that you submit to us via our Web site – whether a survey, registration form, personal history form, or e-mail will be used exclusively by the consulting physicians and only for the specific reason for which they were submitted.
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information including encryption and passwords.
MyTelemedicine is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or lease this information to others. MyTelemedicine does not sell, customer lists, e-mail addresses, cookies or other data.
Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED, AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY AND REPORT ANY ISSUES, OR CONCERNS, TO: MYTELEMEDICINE HIPAA COMPLIANCY DEPARTMENT, 2150 South Central Expressway, ##200; McKinney, Texas 75070-4000; PHONE: 800.611.5601
The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal program requiring that all medical records and other individually identifiable health information used, or disclosed, by us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, are kept properly confidential. This Act gives you, the Patient, significant new rights to understand and control how your health information is used. HIPAA provides penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information.
We have prepared this “Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices” to explain how we are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may use and disclose your health information.
We may use and disclose your medical records for each of the following purposes: treatment, payment, and health care operations:
TREATMENT means providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more health care providers
PAYMENT means such activities as obtaining payment or reimbursement for services, billing or collection activities and utilization review. HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS include managing your Electronic Medical Record to facilitate diagnostic medical consultations with associated physicians, as well as conducting quality assessment review and service improvement planning activities, auditing functions, cost-containment analysis, and customer service.
We may also create and distribute de-identified health information by removing all references to individually identifiable information.
We may contact you to provide information about our services or other health-related services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honor and abide by that written request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on your authorization.
You have the following rights with respect to your protected health information, which you can exercise by presenting a written request to the MyTelemedicine HIPAA Compliancy Department at 2150 South Central Expressway, ##200; McKinney, Texas 75070-4000; PHONE: 800.611.5601
- You have the right to ask for restrictions on the ways we use and disclose your health information for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations. You may also request that we limit our disclosures to persons assisting your care. We will consider your request, but are not required to accept it.
- You have the right to request that you receive communications containing your protected health information from us by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may ask that we only contact you at home or by mail.
- Except under certain circumstances, you have the right to inspect and copy medical, billing and other records used to make decisions about you. If you ask for copies of this information, we may charge you a nominal fee for copying, packaging, and postage.
- If you believe that information in your records is incorrect, or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct the existing information, or add missing information. Under certain circumstances, we may deny your request, such as when the information is accurate and complete.
- You have a right to receive a list of certain instances when we have used or disclosed your medical information. If you ask for this information from us more than once every twelve months, charges may apply, to cover our costs for administration, archive retrieval, copying, packaging, and postage..